Friday, August 19, 2011

who?, me?

When someone "passes" away the eulogies that are spoken at the funeral are usually ones that celebrate that person's life...the DASH between the year of birth and year of "passing" Now I know this sounds morbid, but I have seriously been reflecting on what someone would say about my dash......
Would someone remember me as so-and-so's Mom? So-and-so's wife? or So-and-so who founded this business? Or would they remember what I had done over the course of my life, perhaps some accomplishments? Would they recall all of the silly things I may have done? Or what?
I have been thinking about WHO I AM... and quite frankly...i have no idea!
I feel like I have nothing real to offer. I am not one of those homemakers...the ones who can make all of the personal items in a home, one who's house is stocked full of homemade jams and jellies, canned veggies, homemade soaps, and stuff like that.
I used to think I was a bit crafty, but I don"t believe I had a gift for it, I believe I was just like any other average person putting things together. In fact I bet if you tried to "craft" some of the things I have done over the course of time, you would find that they are things anyone can do.
I am not a gardening fool, flowers, veggies or any other variety. I mean I guess if i absolutely had to be, out of necessity, I COULD do it, but...
I am not exceptional at my choice of career. I am average, and again, I think that anyone could do it.. sometimes I even wonder if I am capable of pulling off another day.
I am not a supermom like some of the women I know. You know the ones who get all of the laundry done and put away, keep their homes immaculately clean, homemade dinners every evening, make it to every practice and every game, take a load of pictures to commemorate each moment, help with homework and create and mold a successful mind, and still have time for a coffee clutch with the girlfriends. I am not that kind of mom. I struggle to get a hot meal on the table before 7:30 pm, I struggle to keep up with laundry, I struggle to make it to every game due to schedule conflicts, I struggle to even have girlfriends, let alone coffee clutches with them.
So I guess my dash would consist of .....well, she at least existed. That's about it currently.... Geez I need to fix this, I seriously need to reflect and figure out something. ... until next time..............

No comments:

Post a Comment