Friday, September 2, 2011

First of all.......

Yesterday marked the first day for area schools here...and it got me thinking...firsts...hmmmm

My daughters will both have MANY firsts, some of which I am not at all prepared for, and many of which I have experienced myself....

My First day of school, ever----I remember riding the bus and going for aWHOLE day without my mom....I lived
My First ever belted spanking--I gave my infant sister to the neighbors...in my defense, It would have saved my parents alot of trouble later in life...but....I lived.
My First broken bone---happened in 3rd grade, I was showing off, and being sassy. Trying to one up the boys, I made it and then fell......I lived
My First boyfriend---middle school, kinda a big deal, we passed notes and walked down the halls together, he was a level 7 clinger and I was not......I lived
My First day of High school---intimidating, and new, kept my nose down and my mouth shut....I lived.
My First Kiss---like from a serious "boyfriend", it was....ok.......not the foot popping kinda thing you read about, but.....I lived.
My First Iced Coffee----I was at an amusement park with my father, Iced mocha...been addicted ever since....I am still living
My First Job---Bussing tables at a restaurant, it was not at all fun, and I went home smelling like a fried egg...but I lived.
My First "fight"---a jealous girl in high school kicked my butt, I still don't think I had it coming, but ...I lived.
My First BEST FRIEND---she and I are still best friends and have been for 20 years, we dont talk everyday, but when the time is needed we are there to help.....a friend for LIFE.
My First Car--- a beater to end all beaters, but I paid for it with my own money, and until my boyfriend totaled it.... but while I had it.....I got to live!
My First Daughter---although not at all planned, she was my responsibility and I took to the task...I am still Living...
My First Apartment---little, and empty, but I made it my own and paid the rent....I lived.
My First day of College---slightly homesick, and broke, but it's something tat every teenager should go through...I lived.
My First Love---I will always hold a special place in my heart for him, but he broke my heart and I cried---alot----nobody wants to go through heartache, but everyone does.....and.....I lived.
My First time snowboarding--I was not at all graceful, in fact most of my day was spent getting back up, but I love the feel of fresh powder under my board as i carve my way down the mountain...thats what I call LIVING.

Everyone's life is full of Firsts......and then followed by many afters.....I think it's how we deal with the Firsts that help us get through all of the rest of life...all you gotta do....is live to face another day.... Just Live! Until next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment