Monday, September 5, 2011

SMILE!

Good Monday morning! Generally Mondays are not all wonderful for some because it marks the start of a new work week, but today is labor day so NO WORK for most. YEEEHAW!
At any rate, today is going to be great.....in fact now that I look back on it, this whole weekend has been great! :o)
Saturday we had a massive brat fest (like sausages, not naughty kids) and then after that My hubby and I played a board game with friends, after enjoying a most delicious steak----side note-- our friend has the most wonderful marinade that he uses and then he grills the steaks to our liking , now as a rule I favor a nice succulent filet (no bones or fat to mess with) but whenever our Canadian clubber friend makes his ribeye, I just cant seem to turn it away--its a melt-in-your-mouth, yummy goodnesss---mmmmm----anyhow....We played a board game and had many laughs, it was a great night. We even extended an invite for the couple to go to church with us the next day, and they accepted....HOLY SMOKES!
Sunday morning was busy, we had to drop off our oldest daughter by my ex-husband and his girlfriend so the kids and them could go camping...the exchange was civil and even nice, there IS hope for the future, my friends :)
Then we traveled further North to attend church..... (oh heavens I have FOUND a church!!!) yes, yes, I now it takes a little over an hour to drive to church, but, as my friend says..a church thats alive is worth the drive...think about it, people drive further for less....anyhow our friends came as well, which was most excellent! A great message and amazing fellowship!
After the service we had planned on going to this great little restaurant that serves pizza and Cesar salads, I was excited! we drove 15 minutes to get there and much to my dismay they were closed :( bah!!!!! no lunch?!? come on this is LABOR day weekend, one of the busiest times of the year, and they were closed?! *sigh*
It was then decided that we would make our way south and keep our eyes open on the way home for another fine establishment to eat at. We drove on and came across a restaurant that was rich with history, Dillinger was found at this place and even had a shoot out with the FBI...perfect, two of my favorite things, food and history, top that off with great company and perhaps an old fashion, and my day was complete.....but ah alas, it was going to be a bit of of a wait, like 35-45 minutes (completely understandable for a busy weekend) but we were traveling with a toddler who was not into playing the waiting game...so we opted out of that place and kept moving south.....on our way I discovered (using an app on my incredible phone) that there was a microbrew pub not far from where we were....our new found place to eat :o) Fast forward through the insane amount of traffic and we arrive only to find that the wait is now well over an hour for this place...UGH!!!!! This was not working out for us... we all decided that Culvers was the best place, no wait, easy menu, and.....not far from where we were...so we enjoyed butter burgers and frozen custard....all in all in was a great day :o)
So recap, I worked a brat fest, played some board games, ate some delicious steak, took in an amazing message, had a minor restaurant treasure hunt, hung out with friends, and even fit in some time to relax........Man !
I had a great weekend, and today I have done light housework, but for the rest of the day I am doing not much more than I have to.....I mean, afterall, even God rested on the 7th day..... that's it..... keep smiling my friends! Until next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment