Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dream on!

Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work at it......
I got this little nugget of motivation from My husband today....
I must say that I believe he may be onto something......

I am by no means, a dreamer...I mean I have "visions" sometimes ..... but as far as sitting in a window with my hands under my chin dreaming of blue skies and puppy kisses? Not so much for me......

I am an executor....an implementer.....a worker... I just do. It's not always the best thing for me to do, I mean I rarely pre-calculate anything before trying to accomplish it....although this method has led to some humorous stories, it has also led to some painful ones. Live and learn.

As a general rule of thumb, I try and let the Big Guy (and I don't necessarily mean my husband) guide my decision making. It works....sometimes, except for when, well, when it doesn't.

I am not saying that I am impulsive, I just don't dream about it first.

What, do you say, can I base this "success" bit on? Well, I would say that our business is doing quite well, and I would go even further to say that it's because we WORK at it. We are not sitting behind a desk "dreaming" about success, we are executing the work needed FOR success. I will also admit that it doesn't hurt that God's hand is on it, because we are doing what he has led us to do, and we are being good stewards with His blessings.

Now, a side note, I am not saying that you shouldn't be a dreamer, because God knows we need dreamers.
That's all I have this morning....until next time..............

No comments:

Post a Comment