Saturday, November 5, 2011

a little of this, a little of that, and a little planning...

Today is a nice day...I have been waiting for a day like this for a few weeks...and I am sure I will not see another day like this until late spring.....
I have ABSOLUTELY no agenda today... with the slight exception of a short hockey practice later this afternoon, but no big deal really.
I woke up early to take the wonder puppy out for a ride (it's been our tradition for awhile now) and then I came home to prepare a nice hot yummy breakfast for my family...deluxe hashbrowns, scrambled eggs/ham, and of course bacon (this is a necessity with ANY breakfast at our home)
After breakfast cleanup I am going to bake my socks off! I have alot of baking experiements I wanna try today, and a willing family that can taste them.... besides I am trying to perfect a recipe for a certain niece of mine, one who's away at college.....
I must bake something special for my father-in-law, since he's always looking for the treats I conjure in my kitchen. Plus I like him :o)
I had a minor surgery yesterday and I thought I would be laid up for the weekend, but it turns out I have been fine :o) BONUS!

I have nothing to make complaints about today, I mean it IS only 9 am, so there's potential, but for the moment I am content!

I Have caught up on ALL of the laundry and even managed to get my floors cleaned--ANOTHER BONUS! I am feeling especially domestic today. I like it

Now that I am ahead on my housework (and by ahead I mean not terribly behind) I am developing a plan for my Christmas cookie baskets that i give at Christmas time...
For me it's too expensive to give lavish gifts that may or may not be used, so I give something that I know everyone can enjoy...sweets! Then I toss a few other handmade items in, like handmade dishclothes, handmade candles, picture frames, etc. This year I have been scouting out those little wooden signs that sell in every store..you know the ones with the great little sayings on them? Well instead of paying something ridiculous like $10-25 each for one of those, I simply whip out my phone snap a picture and come home with the picture......then I saunter over to my most awesome Father-In-Law's house and grab some scrap wood (which he has an abundance of) and then I make my own replica for near to nothing...but it looks great and I MADE it, which as we all know, is way better than getting a commercialized item. Handmade items have a little more sentiment, I think. So that's what's going into the cookie baskets this year...handmade signs :o) i am really looking forward to it. Oh and I should, maybe try and figure out what ornaments I am going to make my girlies this year too....(just another tradition)
Well This General must go and plan, so I hope the rest of my friends have an amazing day!
Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment