Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hooked on a feeling.....

You know the feeling you have when you first start dating someone?
The one where EVERYTHING the person says makes you smile, where you anticipate EVERY time you get a chance to see that person, or how you feel when you kiss them for the first time?
all of us have felt it, and it seems (from my own past experiences) that after the "honeymoon" phase, that we lose that. Somewhere we take the stuff the other person says for granted, and we don't put much thought into seeing each other, because we just do it all of the time, and kissing? well, its not the electricity we had with the first one...
I must admit that when I met my Best Friend I thought we also would fall into that rut...
Only we havent.....
I love him with everything I have, and since we have been married I can see that we are different from society's "take you for granted I am over the honeymoon phase typical couple"
No, it's not because we haven't been married long...because we dated for 2 years before we even considered marriage.....
It's strange...I mean I wouldn't say that EVERYTHING that he says makes me smile...in fact most often he makes me crazy! But the man can make me laugh...and sometimes it's at my own ridiculousness.....and while I may not tell him or even show him how much I miss him throughout the day, i really do.....
it's so weird, I would consider it a mini break whenever my ex husband left, in fact I would ENCOURAGE him the leave for weeks at a time.....and while I know I shouldn't be comparing him to my husband now, I just can't help but think about things like that.....
I love being in his presence...I miss him during the work day, and when he is gone for any amount of time, I miss him greatly.
As for the electrical kiss? I will admit that there are times when the jumper cables could be used, but most often my husband still makes me feel that spark that we have had since day one.
I am a blessed girl that's for sure......
My best friend (my husband) is so great to me, and we are great together.....I love all of his smallest details, and he loves me when I am being me.....
I was just thinking about the things I am thankful for and he is most certainly at the top of my list.....
If i had to put a label on it and sound cliche' I would say that we are destined souls......
yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking..... just give it a few years and they will be just like every other married couple...
well I am thinking you would be completely wrong.....
but since we all are in a society of "show me or prove it to me" I guess we will have to wait and see..... (so i can stand tall and say, I told you so,)
That's all I have for now... until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment