Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Bride, a bathroom, and the lesbian? A typical wedding I guess

Greetings! So...yesterday was very interesting! I mean who knew what kind of stuff women have to endure in order to look the way they do for a wedding..... everyone else sees the finished product when all the ladies saunter down the isle, but you WOULDN"T believe what goes into that....sigh
I must tell you that only the bride cares about all the little details, like what color the cake is, and what should be next to the cake for pictures, and what the card box needs to be and how much toule to put around the tables, etc. I mean man I was in the weddding and i don't even remember. Which brings me to one of my points for this blog ( finally, for heaven's sake we are already a paragraph in) The bride......a wedding is really all about the bride, nobody else, not even the groom, really. All of the bridesmaids are there to attend to the bride, and the groomsmen are there as props to help the bridesmaids look good for pictures, the groom, well, really all he has to do is stand back and repeat after the pastor, and then his defining moment is when the pastor allows him to "kiss the bride". otherwise ALLL the other stuff is about the bride.....
So my role in this whole ordeal was a bridesmaid.....and although I was kinda the odd man out, meaning the other ladies seemed to have a bond with each other, I was there for no other reason than for the bride....I walked down the isle and smiles for ALL the pictures ( OH MY GOODNESS THE FRICKEN PICTURES) Let's just side not right here for a minute...the pictures were all of the traditional poses, but then we had to pose with a skid steer, and then a big green john deer tractor....) but I kept smiling and made sure the bride was good to go. Which meant that I ran front line damage control to keep her smiling, and less stressed.......Oh and did I mention that I was also the personal bathroom attendant, yup, it takes at least two people to help the bride and her dress ( which is a whole other entity in a wedding) in the bathroom.....at any rate, I was in charge of diffusing any family drama before it reached the bride, this way she had less to worry about and nobody would have a beef with her at the end of the night, they would most likely hate me, which, for the record, I was ok with. And yes, there was a few who were....how shall we put it, not exactly thrilled with me by the night's end. I think one girl actually said she wanted to smack me across the face, of course, nothing ever came of it, but whatever, her drama, not mine :o) especially since I was drinking alot of wonderfully yummy, absolutely delicious, margaritas........ok that probably wasn't whole truth, I think that woman, well I believe I called her a lesbian, which is not really a bad thing, unless there's truth to it and you don't want people to know about it...then I could see getting a little upset about it, but really? And quite frankly, I was only stating something that everyone, including this woman's mother, believed was true before I even breathed a word of it...so I was merely calling a spade a spade.
At any rate I had a blast, the bride had a blast, i didn't try to kill the Maid of Honor (which is a huge accomplishment for me by the way), and the wedding went along without any issues. so it was a good night, and believe it or not, there were some pretty cute pictures out of the deal so, who's complaining....until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment