Saturday, July 10, 2010

Friends, Family, FOOD!!! 3 essentials.........

Greetings!I have survived my first stretch of my busy month! *yawn* It was so GREAT though, because I feel Like we really got to just hang with this first group of kids! Oh and the food, naturally because I made it (kidding) was AMAZING! The menu was tweaked just a little for this group, because they are younger, and generally more finicky when it comes to eating. Some of the favorites were tator tot casserole, nachos, spaghetti, grilled cheese, french toast, and this new stuff called Krupsua. OH MY HEAVENS it was all so good! then to top it off, some of the ladies (older) baked cookies, and bars for desserts! I think that secretly after you reach a certain age within the church the elders must take you aside and either pay for private baking courses or instruct you from a long line of family recipes, I mean THAT is the only reason these treats are sooooooo delicious! Holy cow, I think I may have steered off my diet, slightly,......ok ok I admit it, I was a diet train wreck this week, but these sweets are just THAT delicious.
on another note, we had a different speaker this time, usually we have the ever amazing Pastor Shiloh, but he was unavailable this time. Which, BTW, threw some people and made them a little uncomfortable, because people HATE change, and heaven forbid we broaden our horizons or something. But anyhow this woman was awesome! She had three children, which were so well behaved and such little joys! plus, wait for it....she was so much like me that we connected instantly! She is her church's Children's minister, and here's one of the best parts, her church is in Eau Claire, so when we go visit my best friend's additional out of town friends, who live in Eau Claire, we have a church to go to!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! This woman was such a great woman of God, she just fit right in, and the kids welcomed her and learned about the Armor of God! *sigh* I will miss her, hopefully she returns next year.
I also got to hang out with my favorite 7 year old on the whole planet, my little Mad Dog. She and I had some major breakthroughs this week, and we prayed together for things yet to come. She is so smart and receptive to her surroundings. I Just love her sooo much! In fact, she always tells me that she loves me more than there are stars in the sky......*sigh* I will miss her! Hopefully if my ex has a heart, she can stay with me for the next session of camp, and then we can hang even more! ....here's to praying about it!
Plus I got to see women that I generally only see once a year, and it, too, was amazing. With a smaller group of kids this year we were able to hang out a little bit more, which of course, I LOVE! Overall, it all ran VERY smooth! I will admit that everyday I found myself missing my best friend, but maybe next year, or in the near future, he can join me on the front lines of seed planting via camp.....we shall pray about that as well. i am looking very much forward o the next session!......until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment