Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the new car smell...

So it's official, I have spent 5 nights at my "new to me" place and the new car smell is beginning to wear off. Now don't get me wrong, I LOOOOOOOVE my place, but I am seeing a few things that may need to be "tweaked".
For example my only immediate neighbor has a son, and teenage son, who's bedroom is like on the other side of my living room.....well his room is soooooo not even close to being sound proof! Everyday for at least twenty minutes (minimum) I hear his "music" It's like eminem and snoop. Then, as if listening to lyrics about bitches and hoes isn't bad enough, I actually hear him try to sing along!!! Oh man, it's ALMOST entertainment, but sadly I hate the taste in music! *sigh*

Another thing that perplexes me is the complete lack of outlets. I think that each room (with the kitchen being the exception) has one outlet! Now these outlets are from ...hmm the mayflower I bet, because they don't have the three prong! I know, I Know, I am spoiled, but seriously in today's technology world it's almost necessary to have at least two outlets in each room and each outlet should be three prong! I have found the necessary adapters though. Oh and since the rooms have only one outlet I have resorted to extension cords, which I have to become more creative in hiding the eyesore neon orange cords that trickle throughout the house.....

So now I have to tweak the few problems that have arose. the son.......well there are a few options, I could talk reasonable to him and explain that his repertoire of music is less than delightful for his neighbor, in which case he will probably spat in my face and decide to swear and turn his music up higher...I could address the issue with the adult in the house, i.e. his mother, in which case she will probably blow cigarette smoke in my face, laugh and say to get a life...which from my knowledge she has no life except to sit home and smoke and not pay any care in the world as to what her son does.....or I could plan a sneak attack and sabotage his electrical outlets, I mean his room probably only has one as well, and I am guessing it's on the other side of the wall from mine....teehee bwahhahaha, ....or, as a last resort I could just learn to enjoy listening to the same bitches and hoes music and learn the words and sing them better and louder than the boy next door.......hmmmm interesting......

Next issue, the outlets, well I feel as though I have addressed the issue because I have adapters and extensions cords, which might not be the best solution because it may pose a fire hazard? Perhaps I should just call my landlord and have him add a few outlets to the existing ones.....maybe that's the best solution.

I should tell you that aside from slim shady living next door I doo really love being here! And it seems like my daughter does as well, so for now that's good enough for me.......until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment