Tuesday, October 24, 2017

You look like you swallowed a baseball....

So, i had a tooth extracted the other day--- it wasn't REALLY a whole tooth, actually- it was half a tooth, since the damn thing cracked. At any rate, had it removed--since it was causing some ridiculous pain and honestly, there's nothing worse than mouth pain. Anyhow, removed--evicted it, I did.... then I went off to work. Because why not. Felt fine that night, even felt fine the following day--- THEN...it happened. My face was a little swollen and it was sore--- I just figured that it due in large part to the fact that the poor dentist had to jump on my chair and use it as leverage to get the damn tooth out--thus making my jaw a little more sore than needed. Whatever--took some serious Advil and went to sleep--- only to wake up the next day to a swollen shut eye, huge fat lip, and a cheek that looked like i stuffed a baseball inside my mouth--- Had I gotten into a boxing match with the famous Rocky Balboa? Had i participated in a fight club we don't dare talk about? What on earth happened! oh and the PAIN--- the amount of pain---- what the hell? I scheduled a visit with my Dr. and she looked and examined--- turns out that I had what they call a dry socket-- WHAT?! How on earth? Sigh-- ok, so now how do we fix it? cause DAMN. Antibiotics and a minor pain reliever ... needless to say I was laid up in bed with a face that looks like something out of a science fiction movie and can't eat anything--since my mouth wont really open--- so I did what anyone in my situation would do... I drank a few shots of whiskey--to numb the pain. It worked--sort of..... Fast forward to today-- and I woke up to the same hideous face I saw yesterday--- ugh. Day two of the hostage situation... maybe tomorrow my face will decrease in size and I will be able to actually eat some substance...until then I will just sulk around the house, since going out in public like this is not even kinda an option....

No comments:

Post a Comment