Monday, August 16, 2010

Rockin... well in my world anyhow

I got to hang out with my best friend's family over this weekend, and it was GREAT! Some little "nuggets" of entertainment also came about, so those are what I chose to highligh with this blog today....
My best friend's brother and family reserved a room for the week at one of our local resorts...very cool. They even invited us to join them pool side for the first afternoon...drinks and the pool...I AM TOTALLY IN!!!! Well, when we got there, we came to discover that there was an outdoor wedding also planned for the day, and yup, it was right next to the pool area....no joke. So here we were, hanging poolside, when ( enter the scene) dum dum du dum...the bride walked down the isle......I felt a little invasive, however, not so much that I was going to cut my poolside exeprience short by any means...but on some level it was slightly entertaining...
My best friend also decided to purchase ROCKBAND2 this weekend. If you are unfamiliar with it, it has a drumset (electronic), a microphone, and guitar...all of which play along with these preslected rock songs...you have to hit the right series of keys to rock out....well my charming 12 year old and my best friend played this new game, and man it was entertaining........I had to exclude myself from the play, becasue frankly, rockin out...not so much my thing. But watching those two sing songs like "eye of the tiger" ......
Then lastnight, we ventured off to the fair...good food, decent music (which is why we went), and family. (my best friend's mom also came along) While we were sitting there 4 older (like 60's 70's) ladies sat by us.....no big deal right? They ordered a pitcher of beer, which for the record I have never seen older ladies drink beer, so slightly disturbing...but eh whatever! :o)
I would have to say that over all its been a pretty rockin weekend with my best friend and some family along the way.... until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment