Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bad case of the Mondays....

Yesterday I had a bad case of the Mondays.......It seemed like anything that could go wrong, went wrong....
I woke up and was not bringing my "A" game to the pygmie tribe, which they totally "smelled" as soon as I arrived at the post. So they almost overran me in the first five minutes. It was like everyone of them was trying to out naughty the others. NEVER underestimate the naughtiness of pygmies! I felt like I had stepped into the monkey exhibit at one of the zoos, complete with the flinging of the poo...no fricken joke! So the morning was a darn train wreck, as far as I was concerned...and just when I thought nothing worse could happen, well, it did. Because the State Licensor walked in..........now, step back for a moment, this lady stops in frequently enought that I kinda know when to expect her, so it wasn't a COMPLETE surprise, just not the ideal day for her to come in....I was ready for her (or so I thought).
So I called in some fresh recruits to man my post, so I could go "negotiate' with the wicked witch of the East. We got up to my office and she started in in the brow beating....I had everything prepared but missed one thing, and she made up a few others that I had "missed" although looking back on it, I felt like she interrogating me, instead of being helpful (like she is supposed to be) NOTHING I did was good enough and how dare I even think that I would come close to meeting her expectations! (this is how I felt) and that's when it happened...she made me cry....now for those of you who know me, I NEVER cry in front of people...or at least I try not to, because alothough some of you may think it's ok to cry, I think of it as a sign of weakness.....lame I know, but it's one of the crazier things I think. So here I was crying in front of this Wicked Witch....because she was SURE there was no possible way I was working as many hours as I had written down on these papers they require us to do. I will admit it seems outlandish when I say that I work 60 hours weekly, but really, I almost live at the pygmie post. If she wanted to confirm it, she could ask any one of of my friends, or my daughetr for that matter, since she is with me most of the day there as well. After the Witch made me cry, she left, I am sure she was licking her lips with absolute satisfaction because she beat someone down. *sigh*
After the Witch left I prayed, because that's what I do, and I felt a little better. I went back into the land of the pygmies and just went with the flow. I had to talk to Schlub, because he found out that Witch had been there, so I had to revisit the whole ordeal. And instead of bing helpful or even compassionate, he was condescending and arrogant...what a combination. BAH!
At the end of the day I threw in my towel and just decided to go with my best friend to see his brother and sister in law and have some drinks. While on my way to this event, which I was sure going to take my mind off the day, I received a phone call that one of the pygmies ran their parents mini van into our gate/fenced play yard! Ok, first of all, WHAT?!?!, secondly, REALL!?!?!? and then, Why, How in the hell does a pygmie run a mini van, into the fence? Where on Earth was their parent? OMG!!!!!!!!(yes I just text lingo-ed in a blog) Perfect......just the perfect fricken ending to my day!!! I think I may just scratch this one off as ---- it never happened it was all just a bad dream.......Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment