Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nope, I didn't have my V8........

Well its Wednesday, which is a pretty awesome day...normally. Today when I was hanging out with the Pygmy tribe, I felt like I was a little "off". You know like those commercials that advertised the V8.....walking a little crooked, just a little "off" I just couldn't shake it.....
i thought for most of the day about why this might be, and I have come to conclude that although, i like to try and leave my feeling safely guarded in a jar at home beside my bed, today I forgot to place them there....so here i was pretty much wearing them on my sleeve......
I, first of all, should point out that my best friend in the entire universe is out of town, on vacation to sin city, since last Saturday......sigh! So, that almost feels like my arm is missing or something. So picture it, I am hanging with pygmies, and have only one arm, feeling a little "off".....
I went to an appointment and was informed that a pygmies parents are getting a divorce, not really news, but still I was shocked! Mostly because there are 3 children in this marriage and the mother wants NOTHING to do with them...ages 16 down to 4.....so here this dad is trying to figure out what to do, and to make matters worse for this man, his wonderfully financially irresponsible wife left behind sooooooo much debt that he has to work overtime...here's the frosting on the cake, since we live in the wonderful state of WI where EVERYTHING is 50/50 the assets and the DEBT should be split right? NOPE, He inherits all the debt and she will ask for nothing! not the house or the kids or her part in the business, etc. This poor guy, my heart kinda sunk for him, he really is a nice guy, like really....so I am trying to see what it is I can or the resources I am able to tap into, can help him along the way.....
I also had a meeting with my employees and told them that I had decided to cut on of our programs....our summer one.....which was a bit emotional, not like sobbing and crying, no no no not at all, that may have been more enjoyable for me, nope this was irrate, ticked off, why didn't we get a say in it kinda thing.......I am not even cutting their hours, I was actually going to need to hire other people, who weren't selected yet. In the end I was left kinda ticked off but mostly sad, because we reach SOOOOOO many kids with this summer program, but I need to focus on ONE thing right now and I already have tooooo many irons in the fire.....
Then, came another call from the ex, which is always so wonderful.....NOT. He is at the newest stage in the this whole process, you know the one I was at like 18 months ago......anyhow he hounding me for reconciliation...which let's face it, just ISN'T an option! But it doesn't help me with the whole feeling of guilt, which I KNOW, is something I really shouldn't be feeling......but hey it is what it is......
So all of these things are pretty minor and can be generally, I think dealt with.....if THAT was the only thing to deal with, but here they are all together....and it seems like a huge weight in on my shoulders, and I am feeling a little "off" to begin with, so let's just hope I don't fall over! I know the old saying goes, God only gives you as much as you can handle, but...come on Dude who do I look like, Superman? Sigh....guess I will just fine tune my "armor" and dig my heels in to STAND FIRM and yep, I will live to fight another day....I am just glad that in a few days I won't have to go to it alone, cause My Best Friend will be back to stand to front lines with me ....and when all else fails, well I can lean on him....he's strong!!!! That's it, until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment