Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Laughter is, after all, the BEST medicine

So I, like anyone else, go through my day and witness MANY strange things...or so that's my perception of it. Plus, given the fact that I am detail oriented, I perhaps, pick up on some things more than other people would. This is going to be a rambling of the things that I have "witnessed" over tha past few days.....
First of all I had the opportunity to enjoy my oldest daughter's spring concert....and WOW what a great people watching venue! I saw this one "boy" who was probably like 19 years old, dressed in TIGHT fitting jeans, which were rolled up like Capris, a flannel shirt and loose fitting stocking hat.....he looked, well, how shall we say it....eccentric.
Then there was the enitre 6th grade class....why is when kids are already at that akward stage in their life, they feel it's necessary to dress the way they do and fix their hair that way? I mean really ladies, let's face it, the side part, no bang, hang in your face thing? Who woke up one morning and thought hmmmm, this was a good idea? And what is with the boys having hair swooped off to one side and shaggy to boot? GET A FRICKEN HAIR CUT!!!!!
I was at the local grocery store the next day, and I saw this average looking woman, probably mid 40s a little overweight, walking through the store at 9 o clock in the morning, in her Pj's ...which i am not making fun of, becasue holy cow, I wear mine all of the time, but her hair was snarled, which meant she had not made any attempt to brush it, and she wasn't wearing a bra, and for the record, she should have considered one, but even all of this was NOT the odd part, I noticed that she must have taken the time or given thought to put her jewelery and make up on...this make up was NOT the kind that would be left over from the night before, Lord knows I have seen My fair share of that kind, nope, this was flawless, just put on kind...and her jewelery was not something that any woman would be able to sleep in, just trust me on this....so it made me wonder....why on earth not just take the additional five minutes to finish the job before you some out in public? Just a question.....
Now since i work with a tribe of pygmies, I hear all kinds of interesting things come out of their mouths.....
I had this one pygmie who was on the changing table, and while I was changing his diaper he reached down and pulled on his "boy part" and looked at me and asked, what' s this? I told him it was his boy part...he lifted his head a little to look at it, and said "why hello!" and layed back down....oh man the laughter I had to contain!
There was another pygmie that was following behind me out to the play yard when I heard her say what I thought was a**hole ...not once but three times. I turned around to explain to her that we don't say those type of words, when I realized she was crouched down looking at, and pointing to, an ANT HOLE! *sigh of relief*
I was sitting down in the morning, enjoying some coffee, when the first pygmie came into my class room. She looked at me with excitement, and said, It's gonna be a nice day today!, I asked her why she thought that ( really trying to prompt her to tell me because the sun is shining, or it's warm outside etc.) and she replied," because I watched the weather channel. " Well...of course she did, how silly of me not to know?
I had one pygmie come up to me in the afternoon, amidst the general departure time, and ask "when is my gamma going to be here?" I told him, oh in a little bit, buddy. He looked very excited and replied, "a little bit?, that's my favorite time of the day!"

I notice all kinds of ridiculous details, and hear ALL KINDS of weird kid-isms, I must say, that most of the time God shows his sense of humor through all of the chaos i have in my world, through such things. I guess at the end of the day I should, maybe, try to be less judgmental, and laugh a little more...... :o) well that's it for now, until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment