Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Behold the power of Face Book....

I would like to think that people have SOMETHING better to do with their lives ... but I would be mistaken. Unfortunately, people have NOTHING better to do than to keep sticking their noses into other people's business. Honestly, have you no job? no spouse to tend to? no children? no hobbies? What on earth?! I have tested this theory time and time again, and I have yet to be proven wrong. My latest little test nugget was a simply photo posted to Facebook with an ambiguous description.... I left the interpretation of said photo and caption up to the individual scrolling through their news feed--- knowing WHAT conclusion COULD be found. Over 75 likes, and COUNTLESS comments--followed up by personal messages and texts( all of which were great)...but wait, there's more--- some people took the liberty to contact my dear ex husband, who is still my friend, and ask him what was going on--- like he EVER knew what was going on in my head-- come on people, you know better. (not one of THOSE people contacted me) He was contacted SO many times that it warranted a blog i guess. Why can't you just ask the source? why can't you comment on MY post? Why ask EVERYONE else what's going on? JUST ASK ME... I will straight shoot you, if NOTHING else, you have learned over the years, it's that I am a straight shooter--it's a flaw of sorts. At any rate, not that it's REALLY any of your nosy business, I am in a TOTAL committed relationship- He's IT, if he shit cans me, then I am turning lesbian, true story. He feels the same about me (ask him yourself) As i have said before, it is not about the wedding, but the marriage. And marriage is the absolute commitment between two people, with the intent of NEVER parting ways. It's someone you can stand next to in battle and dig your heels in when the going gets tough (and it will) It's laughing at all of your silly shit together. It's looking at one another without saying a word and KNOWING, without a doubt, that THIS is where you're supposed to be. It's posting stupid shit on Facebook and riding out the comments and posts. It's late night shenanigans in Walmart. It's building a deck together, and not killing one another. It's allowing one another to be THEMSELVES. It's the good AND the bad. A marriage is NOT something you need to explain ( although it appears I have...) It's not something that needs a huge pomp and circumstance. It's really NONE of anyone else's business. It's just two people...period. So THAT all being said-- i guess I will still post random nuggets for all of you busy bodies (since I wouldn't want you to get bored with your lives) and I will ride out the comments, and see what comes next...I know one thing is for sure-- I am happy with where I am in my life and who I am with, I am sorry your life is less than wonderful...maybe if you jumped off social media for a moment, you might find some purpose in your life, or maybe not...who knows. Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment